STRENGTHENED BY GOD
Sometimes my life turns upside-down. The things I normally use as a point of reference for my days somehow lose their importance. I am weary, Lord. I’m not even interested in going through the motions for today. My future seems bleak and dreary. I am tired of dealing with the frustration, the pain, and the loss.
Come away and rest for awhile. Sit at My feet and rest your weary head on My knee. Feel My loving arms surround you, holding you close.
Bring all your burdens weighing so heavily on your heart and hand them over to Me. I have fashioned a yoke that is comfortable and light. It fits both of us and allows Me to walk alongside you each step of the way, carrying your burden for you.
Set aside time in your busy day to come meet with Me. Drink deeply of My presence. Your soul is parched and dry. Drink of My living water that I now offer to you. I will refresh you. I will strengthen you. See, I am concerned for you! I am here right now to meet your deepest needs.
Come close to Me so I can wipe away your tears. Rest in My arms so I can revive you with the passion of My love for you. Open your heart as I fill you with the presence of My Holy Spirit. Feel the gentle caress of My breath upon your face as I breathe on you and fill you anew.
Breathe in deeply and accept My Holy Spirit. He will comfort you. He will lead you into all truth. He will empower you to face today with resurrection joy. Together, we will conquer the evil that has come against you. You will find new life in Me and experience the abundance I have promised!
Treasures from God’s Word
• For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. -2 Chronicles 16:9, NIV
• Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me. -Song of Songs 2:5-6, NIV
• The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces. -Isaiah 25:8, NIV
• Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. -Matthew 11:28-30, NIV
• [Martha] had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” -Luke 10:39-42, NIV
• Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” -John 4:13-14, NIV
• The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. -John 10:10, NIV
• And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. -John 14:16-17, NLT
TAKING A STEP OF FAITH
I feel You tugging at my heart. I know You are calling me to take a step of faith. There’s just one thing. It’s out of my comfort zone. I feel very weak and inadequate. Please strengthen me and give me the power to do as You want.
I have a way that is good for you to go. Walk in it. I am shining a light on the path before you. Choose this day to serve Me and follow My direction.
Don’t be like Jonah who also felt My presence strong inside his heart and heard Me directing his steps. He turned his back on Me. It cost him more than he realized it would. The path he chose led to personal financial loss. (He wasted his money on a ticket to Joppa.) It led to a great financial loss for others. (The sailors lost much of their precious cargo.) It caused others to be forced to make an ethical and moral choice. (The sailors had to agree to throw Jonah overboard.) The path Jonah chose led to death. (He was willing to drown rather than follow Me.)
Be instead like Peter, the rock. Even though he was weak, sinful, and afraid at the time of My death, he waited for My help and sought Me diligently. In My perfect timing I poured out the power of My Holy Spirit upon him. I transformed him and gave him the strength to do all I was calling him to do. I will do the same for you.
I have chosen you. I will also empower you. Trust Me. Abide in Me. Rest in Me. Follow My path and I will open up the way for you to go.
Treasures from God’s Word
• Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. -Joshua 24:15, NIV
• “Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,” says the Lord Almighty. -Zechariah 4:6, NIV
• And you cannot be my disciple if you do not carry your own cross and follow me. But don’t begin until you count the cost. -Luke 14:27-28, NLT
• You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. -John 15:16, NIV
• But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. -Acts 1:8, NIV
• Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not put an obstacle in another Christian’s path. -Romans 14:13, NLT
OVERCOMING MY FEARS
Fear is gripping my heart. I feel its icy fingers paralyze me. I can’t even think straight. I want to trust You, but each time this issue surfaces in my life, I panic and imagine the worst. Please help me trust You completely.
My Dear Child,
In this world, you will experience hardship and tribulation. You will walk through valleys where the shadow of death lies heavy and dark. This is a fallen world where sickness, pain, and death exist.
Always remember, though, that this world is not your home. Your citizenship is in heaven. You are only passing through. One day you will come to live with Me where no shadow exists. Truth, perfection, happiness, and joy reign. Cling to this hope and think often about My promise of your eternal home.
When fear overwhelms you, come to Me to find comfort and strength. Trade in your garments of heaviness and dress yourself in the robes of worship and praise. Meditate on My Psalms, promises which have given hope to countless generations. I wrote these promises for you, and I am a God who keeps promises. Do not be afraid, only believe in who I am and in My great love for you.
Consider how each ingredient in a cake recipe, by itself, can taste like something you wouldn’t choose to eat. Yet when mixed together and allowed to process through the cooking stage, the ingredients become a delicious cake, the joyous centerpiece of every happy occasion. So it is with the circumstances of your life. I am at work creating the most joyous plans for you! Each event, by itself, seems like something you would not choose. It even seems like something to be feared. But when I put them all together and process them through time by nurturing you with My love, the result is the best you could ever want or desire!
Don’t be afraid. I am working to bring good things to you, not bad. I am concerned for you and am here to help you. I am with you today, and I will be with you to strengthen you in all your tomorrows.
Treasures from God’s Word
• Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. -Psalm 23:4, NIV
• You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy. -Psalm 30:11, NLT
• So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 49:10, NIV
• But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat of worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit. -Jeremiah 17:7-8, NLT
• “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11, NIV
• And lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. -Matthew 28:20, KJV
• Don’t be afraid; just believe. -Luke 8:50, NIV
• I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. -John 16:33, NIV
• And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28, NIV
• But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. -Philippians 3:20, NIV
MY PRAYERS ARE FILLED WITH POWER
You have made me righteous through the blood of Jesus Christ. Now that I am in right standing with You, You tell me my prayers are filled with power—an awesome force to be reckoned with! Lord, please show me how to pray. Is there something you want me to pray for today?
Mighty Warrior of God,
I know you feel weak in this area, but in your weakness My power is perfected! Even though you have identified your spiritual weaknesses, I call you “Mighty Warrior” because I am with you. I am your power and strength. I am all you need!
As you go to battle in the spiritual realm through prayer, I will surround you with a shield of favor. I will give you favor with kings and rulers of this world, just as I did with Esther, for such a time as this.
This is the time to intercede for the nations of the world. In these last days I will shake the nations. The harvest fields are white as snow. I am looking for harvesters to labor in prayer for the lost so they will be found.
I have chosen you to be a prayer warrior for the nations. Call to me on their behalf. Intercede for them. You were born to pray for the salvation of this generation. The nations of this generation are your inheritance. Pray for them, and I will give them to you as your prized possession. As you pray, look to see what I will do. I will begin to do a work so awesome that you wouldn’t believe it if I told you all my plans today. Watch. Look. See what I will do among the nations.
The blood of the innocent calls to Me from the ground. Pray today and ask Me to bring salvation to the four corners of the earth. Call to Me and I will answer. Seek Me on their behalf, and I will be found by the nations!
Treasures from God’s Word
• Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. -Genesis 4:10, NIV
• The Lord is with you, mighty warrior. -Judges 6:12, NIV
• Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this? -Esther 4:14, NKJV
• Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. -Psalm 2:8, NIV
• For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield. -Psalm 5:12, NIV
• Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. -Habakkuk 1:5, NIV
• My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. -2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV
• And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4: 19, NIV
• The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. -James 5:16, NIV
I STAND AMAZED
Sometimes I see your hand working clearly on my behalf. You arrange all the circumstances—even down to the smallest detail—to pour out Your blessings upon me. How tender is Your touch! How gentle is Your care for me! I stand amazed in wonder.
My Dear Child,
Oh, how I love you! You are the apple of My eye. I cherish the thought of you. I have a book of remembrance where I write down precious memories about you. One day we will sit down together and look through My books. Then you will truly understand how great My love is for you.
I have only the best in my plans for you. Even though you are often unaware of it, I am working constantly on your behalf. Minute by minute and day by day I take the evil that is planned against you and work it into blessings of eternal worth.
No obstacle is too big to keep Me from rescuing you. No enemy is too strong to keep Me from bringing victory to your life. No earthly power or heavenly force can keep Me from you because My love conquers all! I love you with a love so great that when I speak, even the mountains must obey.
I know you and am familiar with your ways. I know your thoughts. I see into your heart. I understand everything about you, and I love you all the more for it. You are My dear one, My cherished one, My delight. You are my love, and I am concerned for you welfare. I will take care of you and bring you safely home into My arms of love.
Treasures from God’s Word
• As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil. -Genesis 50:20, NLT
• The Lord answered Moses, “Is the Lord’s arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you.” -Numbers 11:23, NIV
• Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. -Psalm 17:8, NIV
• How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Where I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. -Psalm 139:17-18, NIV
• Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name. -Malachi 3:16, NIV
• “I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” -Matthew 17:20, NIV